I'm encouraging you to tune in on Sunday, September 28 to the Food Network's Cutthroat Kitchen episode "Tos-ta-da" and cheer on Chef Oz from Cueva Bar.
Chef Oz is a friend of mine. At the suggestion of his patrons and my friends, he tried the first set of wines I'm imported in and we began working together. While I'm grateful he was an early believer and still pouring OWOC wines at Cueva Bar, I'm more proud to call him my friend.
Five reasons to cheer on Oz:
1. He was born in Mexico and as a child learned to cook from his mother
2. He's a family man who cares deeply about his wife (pictured with him), two children and others in his family
3. He gives back to the San Diego community - often giving time and talent to education causes as well as the San Diego Food Bank
4. He passionately prepares foods using the healthiest ingredients available
5. He tries to create the best experience for everyone who walks into Cueva Bar
I hope you will join me on #teamchefoz